Sunday, February 20, 2011

Disney Wine and Dine!!

Okay so here I am again...blogging about my running!! I stopped for about 6 months or so, but since I have been running some pretty cool races lately, I figured I would start blogging about them!! So let me go back about 6 months....In September 2010, I ran Disney's Wine and Dine Half Marathon in Disney World!! I LOVED it!!! I even talked my husband, close friend Tiffany, her husband Brant and my brother-in-law Keving to all come and run it with me!! We had a great time! It was a great course and what I liked most was that it started at 10 p.m. at night! We ran, then had a great time at the after party! My best friend, Lisa also came down and ran it with me and 2 friends from Daphne Stephanie and Sheila also ran it so it was a lot of fun to have so many friends down there! PLUS my favorite cheerleader (my sis-in-law) Patty came to cheer us on. I actually PR at this race...I ran my half marathon in 2:15 which was very good for me considering that my last half I ran in a 2:39!! I think running in the dark really helped because I had no idea where I was at or where I was going! Overall I thought the race was great! I think the only improvements that need to be made is better transporation to the starting line for DW resort folks, but it was still good considering it was their first event! The afterparty was awesome and probably my favorite part!! Can't wait to do it again next year!!
Us before the race!!
Terry and I at the starting line!

Jeff Galloway and I!

Snow White and I after the race!!




No comments:

Post a Comment